Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Room Makeover



















Listening to "If You Believe Me" by Relient K

Gamma Year! This would be my second year in MMU.

Can't believe it has been a year.

Anyway, I usually spent my semester break on a trip but this semester I have something else in mind.

Room Makeover. My "CGI STUDIO" green room really need a makeover.

So, I did some research on the best colour and the 2010 Pantone Colour of the Year was my pick.

I painted one side of the wall dark blue and the rest soft baby blue.

The window panel and the ceiling was painted white.

I realised I have two side table that was just perfect for the concept.

The side table was also hand painted.

It was a tedious process because I decided to use water-based latex paint and that makes every brush stroke visible.

I painted the furniture according the wood grain so it would look natural.

Took me 3 days to paint the whole room including the window panel and ceiling.

Next up, the decorations.

Lea and I have always admire blogs that showcase pretty pretty vintage, chic room with a twist.

With a concept in mind, I made some DIY garland and arranged some props to go with the rest of the room.

Final verdict, I freaking love my room!




P/S: Thank you to my dearest family for helping me with everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

angah....
cantik...
jeles sgt....
mmg kalah ar bilik aku :(

Liyana said...

cek bok mai dulu gambar bilik cek.. then kita tengok... hahaha